Subaru and its Partners
Subaru of America, Inc. attempts to connect with current and prospective Subaru customers by reaching them through events, activities, and causes that fuel their passions. Sponsorships provide consumers with opportunities to interact with the Subaru brand and Subaru vehicles in a way that isn’t possible through conventional marketing.
SUBARU SPONSORS THE GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) has entered its eighth year of sponsorship of the Geological Society of America (GSA). SOA’s sponsorship includes awards and grants to those involved with studying earth sciences. Plus, the sponsorship helps fund:
- The Women in Geology Mentor Program – addresses issues faced by women in geology. Held at the GSA Annual Meeting, it features women geologists who have excelled in their fields giving motivational and informational speeches.
- The Subaru Minority Earth Science Award – encourages minority students to continue earth science studies with $1,000 awards to six minority students – one from each GSA regional section.
- The Subaru Outstanding Woman in Science Award – in memory of Doris M. Curtis, GSA’s first female president, this award goes to women who have made a significant impact on the geosciences with their Ph.D. research.
- EarthCache™ – this program teaches about EarthCaches, which are places where people can learn about unique geoscience features or aspects of the Earth. (Visit www.earthcache.org for more information.)
- The 2008 GSA Joint Annual Meeting, October 5-9, Houston – this convention attracts more than 6,000 attendees across all disciplines to participate in a scientific exchange through technical sessions, hot topics, field trips, special events, and so on.