A CLOSER LOOK AT FORESTER DISCLOSES A NUMBER OF CONVENIENCE FEATURES THAT MIGHT BE OVERLOOKED.
When Subaru developed the current-generation Forester, it took into consideration suggestions by owners that resulted in a number of convenience features to help make an owner’s life easier on a daily basis. Here are a few – from extra door handles to hidden storage areas.
- The maximized height and width of the tailgate opening adds to the ease of loading/unloading cargo.
- Four tie-down hooks in the cargo area can be used to secure a cargo net or ropes to help prevent cargo from shifting during transport.
- Holders for cups and bottles are located throughout the Forester cabin:
- Cup holders in the center console and rear seat center table (if so equipped).
- A bottle holder in each door pocket.
- The underfloor storage compartment in the cargo area can store small items so they don’t shift during travel.
- Coat hooks located on the rear pillars allow clothes to be hung up to help keep them from wrinkling.
- When not hauling cargo on the rooftop, push cross bars together to the rear of the rails to help reduce wind noise in the cabin, especially when the moonroof is open.
DRIVER’S FLOOR AREA
- Retaining pins built into the floor on the driver’s side secure the floor mat when its integrated grommets are secured to the pins, which enhances safety by helping to prevent the mat from sliding forward.
- The flexible center console can be configured for cargo of different sizes:
- The bucket at the rear can be removed and hooked onto the door pockets.
- The rear cup holder partition can be removed and placed on the front partition.
DOORS AND TAILGATE
- Door “handles” molded into the front door panels near the forward part of the door windows make it easier to close the doors without having to reach all the way out to the armrest.
- The handhold in the base of the tailgate enables closing the tailgate without pulling down on its painted exterior surface, which helps to preserve the vehicle’s appearance.
- For models with audio controls mounted on the steering wheel: In radio mode, pushing the “UP arrow” or “DOWN arrow” for a short time skips to a preset channel, and pressing it for a long time seeks the next receivable station.
- The windshield wiper heater integrated into the windshield where the wipers rest is turned on by the rear defrost button.
Forester owners – take advantage of these features. They were included just for you!
Read more about Subaru vehicles at www.subaru.com.