Subaru and its Partners
Subaru of America attempts to connect with current and prospective Subaru customers by reaching them through events, activities, and causes that fuel their passions. Sponsorships provide consumers with opportunities to interact with the Subaru brand and Subaru vehicles in a personalized way that isnt possible through mass mediums.
For more information about these and other SOA partners, go to www.subaru.com/partners.
CUSTOM SUBARU OUTBACK HELPS THE FIGHT AGAINST ANIMAL CRUELTY
Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) has donated a custom-designed Outback to The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) to help it collect and process evidence at animal crime scenes. The vehicle is intended to transport the ASPCAs veterinary forensics team to scenes that ordinarily would be hard to reach.
Modifications include specialized lighting, a radio, computer, exam table, roof rack, and evidence refrigerator. According to Dr. Melinda Merck, senior director for veterinary forensics at the ASPCA, We needed something that could carry people, supplies, and evidence, and the custom Outback exceeded those goals.
The special Outback is based in Gainesville, Florida, which is also home for other ASPCA crime scene units and veterinary forensics programs. It is used to assist local agencies across Florida.
ASPCA Outback Accessories from Subaru of America
- Front bumper cover
- Hood protector (wind deflector)
- Remote engine starter
- Puddle lights
- Trailer hitch (Class 2)
- Rear bumper protective cover
- Roof cargo basket
- Wheel arch moldings
- BlueConnect® Bluetooth®1 accessory
- Illuminated doorsill moldings
- Auto-dimming mirror with compass and HomeLink®2
Custom Accessories for the ASPCA Outback
- Multi-flasher Whelen emergency light bar (includes white LED spotlights and lateral searchlights)
- Externally mounted electrical outlets
- Custom Enkei powder-coated charcoal wheels
- Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires
- Siren and custom horn
- Custom ASPCA graphics
- Two-way radio
- Custom-built aluminum sliding cargo floor with tie-downs and rubber flooring
- Custom-built underfloor utility drawer
- Custom headliner with ASPCA logos
- Custom animal product free seats with ASPCA logos
- Custom door panels with ASPCA logos
- Custom tailgate lighting
- Custom switch panel
- Custom evidence refrigerator
- Laptop computer station
- Public address system
- 110-volt and 12-volt outlets throughout the interior
- Custom ASPCA graphics
SUBARU OUTBACK MOUNTAIN BIKING AND DISCOVERY ADVENTURE
On October 30, 2010 – one day before the Geological Society of America™ national convention at the Colorado Convention Center – between 20 and 30 participants will take part in the Subaru Outback Mountain Biking and Discovery Adventure. The adventure will take place in the Matthews/Winters Park area west of Denver, Colorado.
Participants will travel to the park via Subaru Outback, then divide into two groups. One group will ride trails on Trek mountain bikes after a brief review of biking skills, and the other group will hike Dinosaur Ridge. The groups will switch between hiking and biking at midday.
Incorporated into the days events will be instruction about the areas geology.
1 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
2 HomeLink is a registered trademark of Johnson Controls.