Subaru High in Residual Value, Forester Tops in its Category
Subaru of America, Inc. Named Mediapost.com’s Automotive Marketer of the Year
Subaru Among the Kelley Blue Book® “Top Brands for Best Resale Value 2009”
“Share the Love” – First-of-a-Kind Cause-Related Campaign
At the end of 2008, Subaru of America, Inc. ran a unique marketing campaign that addressed the desire that Subaru owners have to help worthy causes. The “Share the Love” campaign (part of the overall campaign “Love. It’s What Makes a Subaru, a Subaru.”) allowed Subaru customers to select from five charities to receive a $250 donation from Subaru following the purchase or lease of a new Subaru vehicle. The campaign was considered the first of its kind.
The five charities included:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (www.bgca.org) – provide a positive place for kids and teens to find supportive and caring adults who mentor, empower, and inspire them to reach their full potential
- Habitat for Humanity® International (www.habitat.org) – a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry that welcomes to its work all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing
- Meals on Wheels Association of America (www.mowaa.org) – works every day with thousands of local Meals On Wheels programs and hundreds of thousands of volunteers who all share in the mission to end senior hunger; it also gives cash grants to local senior meal programs throughout the country to assist in providing meals and other nutrition services
- National Wildlife Federation® (www.nwf.org) – America’s largest conservation organization, which inspires Americans to protect wildlife for our children’s future
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (www.aspca.org) – dedicated to rescuing animals from abuse, introducing and enforcing more humane legislation, sharing resources with shelters across the country, and advancing the care of animals through their unparalleled expertise in medicine, behavior, toxicology, and forensics
By the end of the campaign, Subaru owners had raised $4,686,750 for these charities. The donations were contributed to the charities on February 12, 2009, at the Chicago Auto Show.