From left to right in the image are: Toby Anne Costa, ASE award-winner’s daughter, Toby Costa, ASE Master Automobile Technician of the Year, Jim Sinclair, Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA).
Photo: PRNewsFoto/Subaru of America, Inc.
Shop Foreman Toby Costa of Maita Subaru in Sacramento, California, took home the First Annual Subaru/ASE Master Automobile Technician of the Year award in early February. Costa and 86 finalists for the award were judged on scores on National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) tests, on-the-job excellence, community service, and other factors.
Costa has more than 30 years experience as a technician, and he has been a Subaru Senior Master Technician since 1992. For winning the award, he received plaques from ASE and from Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (parent company of Subaru of America) as well as a check for $1,000 for outstanding service from Subaru of America.
The nine runners-up for the award were:
- Shawn Mitchell, Subaru of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia)
- George Weller, Ambassador Subaru (Moscow, Idaho)
- Shane Maas, Cascade Subaru-Wenatchee (Wenatchee, Washington)
- Chris Debban, Team Subaru of Nampa (Caldwell, Idaho)
- Jeffrey Sparrow, Mastro Subaru-Tampa (Tampa, Florida)
- George Thabet, Maita Subaru (Sacramento, California)
- Jared Kalina, Power Subaru of Scottsdale (Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Anthony DiSalvo, Ganley Subaru Aurora Inc. (Lakewood, Ohio)
- John Ochsner, Subaru of Sioux Falls (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
Read more Subaru news here.