According to Subaru of America Senior Vice President and CMO Tim Mahoney: Last year we created the Share the Love program to help charities and give back to the community. Thanks to our customers, we donated $4.6 million to those organizations. We are continuing the program this year not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because it is part of our culture as an organization to support causes important to our customers.
The five charities:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (www.bgca.org)
- Habitat for Humanity® International (www.habitat.org)
- Meals On Wheels Association of America (www.mowaa.org)
- National Wildlife Federation® (www.nwf.org)
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (www.aspca.org)
On October 10, the American Cancer Societys second annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk was held on the SIA grounds in Lafayette, Indiana. Participants in the 5K noncompetitive walk helped to raise awareness and $23,693.05 to fight breast cancer.
See In the Community for more about Subaru initiatives within local, regional, and national communities.